This soft updo would look stunning accessorized with a thin jeweled band (in place of the black one here) and a veil pinned in at the base. Here, Nicholas Penna, Jr., of Salon Capri in Boston gives the how-to:
Courtesy of Champagne Showers
1. Apply a smoothing cream to prevent frizz, then blow dry strands smooth with a large, round brush.
2. Work a small dollop of Shu Uemura Volume Maker into dry roots for added texture. (A little goes a long way.)
3. Comb out hair, and slip on your headband (it should fall halfway between your hairline and your brows).
4. Band together the ends of your hair with a clear elastic, then give the tail a twist and tuck it up, over, and into the headband. Tuck in as little or as much as you like!
5. Finish with a mist of strong hold hair spray like L'Oreal Professionnel Infinium3 Strong Hold Working Spray.