Elizabeth Messina is a California-based photographer who shoots weddings all over the world and captures beautiful images no matter where she is. Below are three essential elements to consider when choosing your wedding photographer, plus some of Elizabeth's favorite snapshots (you'll recognize some from weddings we've featured), and two extra tips!
1. Do you "love" most of the images you are seeing on the photographer's website or in their book? If so, chances are you will "love" the photos from your wedding day, too.
2. Is the photographer in your budget? Be sure you are comfortable with your financial investment.
3. You should feel comfortable and at ease with the person you hire. A photographer will be closely involved with most aspects of your wedding day. The more comfortable you feel, the more beautiful and natural your photographs will be.
And two tips to consider:
1. If possible, take engagement photos with your wedding photographer. It is a perfect opportunity to develop a rapport with him or her. Plus, the engagement period is full of romance and anticipation -- it's a great time to remember.
2. Props are becoming popular to use in wedding photos. Think about your own life, maybe there’s a love letter or memento you can incorporate. Or, pose in a special location (perhaps where you went on your first date).