Nothing says fall quite like a fresh picked apple. Crisp, vibrant, and downright delicious (apple pie, hot apple cider, need I continue?), the autumnal treats can also be transformed into brilliant fall wedding decorations. From escort cards to dessert displays in reds, greens, and even metallics, see how we've incorporated the fruit into festive details for fall weddings.
Above (from top left)
1. These apple cider doughnuts are sure to delight your guests.
2. This couple gave "tattooed" apples as favors; the unripened fruit had been covered with stickers, and then left to turn red in the sun.
3. A square buttercream wedding cake is adorned with apples, peaches, pears, plums, and currants to soften its edges and give it a charming appeal.
4. Warm guests at your chilly fall wedding with a batch of hot apple cider, garnished with sugared cranberries.
5. For a salty-sweet wedding dessert, add wood twigs to tiny apples, dip them in caramel, and rolled them in sea salt.
6. Inspired by their fourth grade classroom (where they first met), this couple set up an escort card display of crimson "teacher's apples" on a desk.
7. Veneer tags attached to red-hot candied apples served as place cards for this kiddy table.
8. Golden lady apples, painted with edible gold luster dust, are the focal point of this vanilla-bean spiced apple cake, which is filled with caramel buttercream and drizzled with luscious caramel.
9. Instead of the traditional red apple, consider going green with these mini candied apples, which are dainty and delicious.
Want more apple inspiration? Check out additional ideas below.
This fall invitation suite comes to life with a crab-apple and faux bois motif. (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
Golden apples atop guests' plates lend a whimsical touch to this tablescape. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
For an eco-friendy escort card option, write guests' names on punchy green apples. (via Valley & Co.)
Bushels of apples containing guests seating assignments double as a festive focal point at this wedding. (via Green Wedding Shoes)