Australian jeweler Ray Griffiths is one of our favorites. His pieces are sleek, and the craftsmanship is amazing. We can always count on him to lend us beautiful fine jewelry for our photo shoots, too. Brook Shields, Toni Collette, and Debra Messing are some of the celebrities also obsessed with his designs. We were lucky enough to get his advice on jewelry for your wedding day. Check out his top five tips below.
Ray Griffiths's Five Tips to Buying and Wearing Wedding-Day Jewelry:
1. Put as much thought into your wedding jewels as you do your dress, hair, and makeup -- all of these elements should work together and complement each other.
2. The jewelry should become a future family heirloom, so quality is the key.
3. If you have some of your mother's or grandmother's jewelry, don't be afraid to have it reworked and make it your own.
4. Bridesmaids don't need to wear matching jewelry. Let them pick (or you can choose) pieces that reflect their personality.
5. Much like the man you are about to marry, jewelry should be a lifetime love affair. Pick pieces you will adore, cherish, and most important, wear, again!
Explore some of Ray's wedding-day jewelry below: