I am pleased to introduce our friends in Seattle, BDRstudio! Here, their insights on how to find inspiration for your wedding invitations:
Finding inspiration can be fun, yet overwhelming. Some people have too many ideas, some can't find any at all -- but don't fret, my pet! That's what professionals are for!
Trust the people you hire, but be prepared for billions of slightly odd questions. For example, they may inquire about your favorite accessory or ask if you're a bow-tie kind of guy. It may seem weird to some, but they're looking for information that's going to set you apart from other couples.
Here are a few basic questions to ask yourself:
- Where are you getting married?
- Is the ceremony taking place outside or inside?
- Is the ceremony in a different place than the reception?
- What is unique about the architecture, design, landscape, or venue?
- Do you have a theme?
- What are your color choices?
- What flowers are you using in your arrangements?
- As a couple, what activities do love to do together?
- How did he propose?
- And of course, what shoes will you be wearing?
Your invitations can set the tone of your wedding, but the entirety of it doesn't live and die in the mail. So relax, have fun, and keep it simple!
Thank you, BDRstudio, for sharing your insight and beautiful letterpress invitations!