Custom coasters are wildly popular at weddings these days, from monogrammed card stock models to these easy to make do-it-yourself Plexiglass coasters. They're great multi-purpose accessories for your big day that add a colorful pop on the table or at the bar and work double duty as functional favors. I love the way the colors mix and match here with a variety of decorative papers and fabrics, but you could just as easily make a custom print for you and your sweetheart. Luckily for all your thirsty guests, the how to is as simple as "spray and stick," so you can make enough for the Mint Julep AND the Tom Collins.
To make, you'll need:
- Plexiglass circles (ours are 4 inches in diameter; you can have your Plexiglass cut at a plastic-supply company for about $1 each.)
- spray adhesive
- decorative papers or fabric
- a utility knife
1. To adhere the paper, cover the patterned side of the paper or fabric with the spray adhesive.
2. Affix to the plastic disks.
3. Trim by tracing around Plexiglass edge with utility knife.