Posted by Shira Savada, Real Weddings Editor
Chances are you'll be needing some wine for your wedding reception. Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir or Rioja—how do you decide when there's so much to know? Enter wine.com. There are so many good tidbits to share that I've taken it upon myself to put together a little top 10 list for you. You're welcome.
- They offer personalized wedding wine planning. Great for those of you supplying your own wine at your wedding. You set your budget and they give you pairing and quantity suggestions.
- You can have a registry list of wines to share with family and friends by creating a member page in the wine.com community. So perhaps you’ve got a special bottle of wine from that night you got engaged? Why not get a few more so you can toast year-round!
- Wine clubs start as low as $19.99 a month and are great as gifts for couples, but also for your bridal party. The wines come with tasting notes, wine tips, and a recipe.
- You can choose the arrival date of the delivery. So if you want there to be a bottle of champagne waiting for you on the day you get back from your honeymoon—done!
- Wine Expert Gwendolyn Osborn will gladly work with you to find the perfect wine for your occasion and your taste buds. Looking for that perfect bubble to serve at your beach wedding this summer? She suggests the Roederer Estate Brut, “one of the best bubbles coming from California, and a steal at $19.99."
- Which brings us to our next point: They’ve got the world’s best selection of 90+ point rated wines under $20, great for budget brides!
- Über wine lover or major wine gifter? Get unlimited shipping for a flat $49 a year.
- Wine.com is green. All their packaging is recycled and recyclable, uses water- and soy-based inks, and they ship from the closest warehouse so carbon emissions are kept to a minimum. And don't forget about their large selection of organic wines.
- You can search by price, type, grape varietal, region, bottle size and rating using the extremely user friendly wine finder.
- You’ll learn while you browse. The site features information on the winery and region as well as winemaker’s notes.
And I couldn’t help but include a few more of Gwendolyn’s suggestions…
Looking for the perfect light and fruity wine for a backyard BBQ or a casual rehearsal dinner with fried chicken? Remember Rosé and Beaujolais. Both are perfect matches for the spicy and sweet mix of foods on the menu at a BBQ and the greasy and salty deliciousness of fried food. Try the Bonny Doon Vin Gris de Cigare '07. Duboeuf is an awesome producer of Beaujolais — particularly the Duboeuf Julienas Chateau des Capitains.
For a Bridal brunch or luncheon treat, go with the Saracco Moscato d'Asti. It’s lightly sparkling, slightly sweet, deliciously refreshing with ripe pear and peach. The perfect brunch and lunch drink, particularly because it comes in around 6% alcohol.